CTS STORAGE POLICY – CARGO DISPOSAL
All cargo in our possession not picked up in the first 10 business days of arrival to our facilities will be charged with storage fees according to our price list. In the event it is not picked up and/or the fees are not paid within 3 months (90 days) of arrival, the client loses all rights over the cargo, which will be destined for a public auction hosted by the company. In order to reclaim your cargo at any point, full payment of storage charges are required.
There is currently a shipping and supply chain crisis directly affecting every facet of international commerce; its impact is far-reaching enough to touch the lives of consumers and businesses around the world. Simple solutions are not available in our interconnected global economy. While significant industry efforts are underway to highlight the issues and draw attention to them, the international moving industry and its customers struggle to be heard by government regulators.
Significant delays and container shortages are occurring with all shipping lines. While we do our due diligence and always have confirmed container reservations in hand, oftentimes containers are unavailable and reserved vessels do not sail at all or are very delayed.
Unfortunately, these situations cause unexpected and unavoidable expenses charged to the owner of the goods. When this happens, or when the shipping lines add new charges with little or no notice, these charges will be added to your invoice with proper backup. We do our best to prevent and avoid these charges, if possible.
Please note that as a result of COVID, there are slowdowns at carriers/airlines, and they are more limited in their availability. Please note that delays may be unavoidable once this job gets underway. All rates may change anytime without any notice.
Please note that because of considerable delays and congestions in the global supply chain, and related trucker shortages and high demand volume, all of our quotes must be considered as estimates until otherwise noted. The rates will need to be considered spot rates, and they can change depending upon when the job actually occurs, due to daily fluctuating market prices. If you require dedicated, expedited, or guaranteed service, charges will be higher, and you will need to provide full details for the job, including dates and times for pickup/delivery. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Also, please advise if all containers will be moved together so we can check the availability, and also keep in mind that moving all containers together will depend on how many containers the shipper can load and how many containers the line can accept per cut off time.
Please, be advised that the delivery rates below are based on dock to dock delivery – business to business only. For containers: live load – and the CNEE having a dock for unloading the cargo by themselves. Please, check and advise. If there is not a dock to unload, the rates will change.
- Shipments are booked based on the flight availability and market conditions. If at time of booking there are changes to our network capacity/demand/flight availability – rates may change at time of booking
- Pick up date is subject to availability
- Docs fee per AWB
- Surcharge costs may change without notice
- Costs based on information received, changes may vary upon receipt and verification of cargo details
- Note due the impact of COVID, airline schedules may change, or delays may occur without notice
- Waiting time fee: is applicable for all the areas – please double check with the sales team the fee applicable
- Please note we’ll need to receive the green light at least 48 bussiness hours before the job occur in order to set up our crew
- Any parking tickets will not be the responsibility of CTS
- Insurance is not included
- Quote based on known shipper, in case of unknown shipper the air freight will change
PLEASE NOTE: Due to constant changes in carrier capacity in the current market, carriers have stated that rates quoted are strictly based on “space availability at the time of the booking, capacity may not be available at the original rate quoted. If this occour we wil do all possible to find capacity at the original quoted rate on the original carrier. If not possible we will requote with the original carrier or another carrier and do all possible to quote a rate as close to the rate and transit time originally quoted. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we mangae through these unprecedented times.
- MSDS is required prior to pick up
- Dangerous Goods Declaration is required – duly completed by the shipper with 24hr Emergency Contact Number & signature
- Packing must be completed by an authorized DG representative or authorized Packing Facility
- Cargo should be packed and labeled according to the specific DG regulations for the Class/UN being transported
- Freight Forwarders are not legally allowed to alter or prepare DG documents.
- In case of rejection of cargo by the airline, the Shipper will be responsible for any charges incurred, including additional transportation charges as well as, but not limited to, arranging re-packing of the cargo by an authorized DG Packer
Additional costs for Airport Drop and pick up will be applied
CARGO AIRCRAFT ONLY — applies to any DG cargo specifying Cargo Aircraft Only
OCEAN – DRAYAGE
- FSC is evaluated bi-weekly
- Legal Weight
- Non Hazardous cargo
- Insurance not included
- Chassis Fee $40/ day (at minimum)– 3 day minimum
- TRI-AXLE (20’) $250.00 1st day – $95.00/day thereafter (20’ overweight only – see note below.)
- If delivery appointment is necessary, additional charges may apply
- Quotation based on Live Load/ Un-Load —
- Drop & Pick Cost – 2x DRAY + FSC + chassis FEES (if required)
- Yard Storage – $85.00( at minimum)/ day (if required)
- Chassis Split – $175.00 depending on Rail Location and/or Chassis Depot (only if applied)
- Congestion Surcharge — $150.00 – $250.00 – depending on pick up location (invoiced at cost if applied)
- PRE-Pull – $395.00 (if required)
- 2 Hours Free Time at rail and loading – $115/hr (at minimum) thereafter
- This is a preliminary quote based on the information provided, actual costs may change upon receipt of cargo and verification of final details
- This quotation does not guarantee equipment availability at time of booking– due to congestion and driver shortage, a minimum of 2 weeks is necessary to secure equipment
- Quotation is based information received, actual costs may vary at time of booking and verification of cargo details Live load only
- Quotation DOES NOT GUARANTEE equipment availability at time of booking request
- Due to COVID, rail and port delays may occur without notice, and vessels are subject to change and delays
- Not valid for high value cargo($500,000.00 and above)
Please note: Due the constant changes in carrier capacity in the current market, carriers have stated that rates quoted are strictly based on “space availability at the time of booking”. This means that at time of booking, capacity may not be available at the original rate quoted. If this occurs CTS will do all possible to find capacity at the original quoted rate on the original carrier or another carrier. If not possible CTS will requote with the original carrier or another carrier and do all possible to quote a rate as close to the rate and trasit time originally quoted. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we manage through these unprecedented times.
**For markets with heavy port or rail congestion caused by vessels operations, chassis inventory, equipament availability, empty shutouts, or terminal appointments, the possibility of demurrage and/or pe-diem charges may be incurred. The customer contracting the move through CTS Logistics is responsible for demurrage, per diem, and daily chassis charges however accrued and whenever billed by the steamship Line or chassis pools”
Max Cargo Weight:
|20’ STANDARD CHASSIS: UP TO 39,000 LBS – 17,690 KGS
|20’ TRI AXLE CHASSIS: UP TO 44,000 LBS – 19,958 KGS
|40’ STANDARD CHASSIS: UP TO 44,000 LBS – 19,598 KGS
OTHER CHARGES (IF NEEDED):
- Collect charges (collect fee 3% or $45 min – for collect freight charges only – per clearance)
- CTS documentation (CTS documents turnover – if needed – per clearance) $85.00
DELIVERY DOCK TO DOCK (BUSINESS TO BUSINESS) ONLY
- Quoted as general cargo (non-hazmat)
- If appointment is needed to delivery, additional charges may be applied
- Delay at the airline/port to pickup the cargo may incur additional charges
- Insurance is not included
- Rates based on cargo details provided. if final dimensions and weight change, the rates will change accordingly
- Rates based on availability
- Rates based on stackable freight
- If additional services are needed (storage, inspection, etc) additional charges will apply
DOOR TO PORT QUOTE
- If shipper cannot provide weight of the cargo, there will additional charges
- Destination charges are not included
- If the routing is such that container will first go on the rail, rates are subject to additional charges if rail billing is not approved on time.
- Rates based on cargo details provided. If final dimensions and weight change, the rates will change accordingly
- Rates based on Availability
- Rates based on Stackable Freight
- If additional services are needed (storage, inspection, etc) additional charges will apply.
- If seal is needed for close the container additional charges may apply
WHITE GLOVE SERVICES
- Please note we’ll need to receive the green light at least 48 business hours before the job occur in order to set up our crew.
- ALL our rates for White Glove Services are just an estimated, our costs are based on information received, charges may vary upon receipt and verification of cargo details.
- According to status of door, could be charge additional expenses. (Elevator, Stairs, Crane, Forklift, etc.)
- Based on the cargo fitting on the freight elevator
- Any parking tickets will not be the responsibility of CTS
- We have 3 types of hours fee: Business Hours, Before Hours and After Hours. Please make sure to advise us the hour of your job to avoid extra expenses during the job.
- Holidays or weekends will be consider special days and different charges will apply.